Have you hit the ceiling in your current appraisal position? Are you a natural leader? Are you an entrepreneurial thinker? If the answer is yes to these questions you owe it to yourself to explore the opportunities available at Specialty Valuation Group (SVG).
We are always expanding into new territories through our network of managing directors. Our strategic growth plans include having multiple offices throughout the country that can best service their particular region. Our executive leadership team work side-by-side with our Managing Directors to give them the support and tools needed so that they can effectively and successfully operate their local office. Managing Directors will enjoy the benefits of a centralized accounting, human resources, and marketing team, cloud-based business systems, national branding, and access to our advanced appraisal platform and web-based SVG-Database. Contact us today to learn more about employment opportunities at Specialty Valuation Group (SVG).
- Manage day-to-day operations of their local office.
- Reviewing appraisal reports completed by any/all licensed appraisers on their staff.
- Interviewing and hiring staff, in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team.
- May Independently prepare market value appraisals on more complex real estate assets.
- May Independently prepare market value from start to finish on more-complex properties, including all Appraiser responsibilities, as well as performing detailed appraisal analysis in order to value real estate.
- May mentor trainees and/or develop new client relationships within their territory.
- While working with their appraisal staff, the MD may determine valuation methods by selecting approach and techniques for valuing property, i.e., cost, direct sales comparison, and income capitalization; identifying property characteristics and attributes.
- Maintains organizational reputation by conforming to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP); keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking current real estate values and property development potential, including land use restrictions; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations for the purpose of conducting accurate appraisals.
- Contributes to overall organizational goals by adding to database, specializing in niche real estate markets, mentoring trainees, and engaging in client development.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides formal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- Lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of all employees within their office.
- Reports directly to the company President and Executive Managing Director.
- Bachelors Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university required.
- Master’s degree (MA, MS, or MBA) preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years commercial appraisal experience. Specific experience with special-purpose properties (i.e. gas stations, car washes, hospitality, etc)
- Five (5) years commercial appraisal review experience and/or institutional review experience is a plus.
- Must have General State Certification/License.
- MAI designation required. Other designations are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to make sure their office provides efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information. Additionally, some teaching may be asked of you.
- Requires knowledge of financial real estate terms and principles.
- Complete understanding of approaches to value of real estate assets.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be proficient in Argus, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Good writing skills.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
- Must lead by example and be able to implement new and evolving growth strategies.
- Must show good judgement
In addition to a great compensation package and extremely competitive production splits, Specialty Valuation Group offers employees:
- 401 (k) Retirement Program
- Healthcare Insurance Program
- Fun, high-energy, work environment
- Professional development
Significant opportunity for advancement